West Hills College Coalinga (WHCC) serves students in Avenal, Coalinga, Firebaugh, Huron, Mendota, San Joaquin, Tranquillity, and neighboring rural communities. Coalinga and Firebaugh offer in-person and online courses, dual enrollment in local high schools, and Rising Scholars programs at three area locations.
Leadership at WHCC is a hands-on, multiple-hats experience guiding deeply committed administrators, staff, and faculty. Rural education thrives on collaboration, effective operations, and caring relationships. Rural college presidents are educators who advocate in communities that are underserved fiscally and educationally. The West Hills College Coalinga President will live in, engage with, and represent the college as a community hub and economic champion.
Strengths and Opportunities
- Long history of exemplary service in the Westside community
- Significant contributor to equity and educational opportunity in an underrepresented region
- Rising Scholars program with stable faculty leadership
- Continued opportunities for dual enrollment expansion
- Nationally recognized Farm of the Future
- Consistent and major grant awards recipient
- Excellent information technology infrastructure
- New construction underway at the North District Center
- Engaged and committed employees
- Achieving the Dream, Athletics, Open Education Resources, and many more successful programs
- Designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution
- Continuing strategic enrollment management efforts
- Facilities planning, particularly resident halls, fields, HVAC, and theater
- Reinvigorating community engagement
- Improving business processes, training, and upskilling
- Mentoring program review, accreditation, and governance efforts
West Hills Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.