If you love a good chicken parm, chances are you’ll either love this recipe or hate it. If you love quick, easy, and affordable meals you’ll love it. If you’re super into traditional recipes, made from scratch, where time and money are no issue, this might not be the one for you.
- 12 pack Hawaiian rolls
- 12 large chicken nuggets
- 1 cup marinara or pasta sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup melted butter (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook the chicken according to the package directions; set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and butter the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls horizontally in half without separating the rolls; place the bottoms into your prepared dish and bake for about 3 minutes (just enough to toast the bread a bit).
- Place a precooked chicken nugget onto each one of the bottom pieces and then top with the marinara followed by the mozzarella cheese and top halves of the rolls.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and mix with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning; brush the mixture evenly over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the grated parmesan over top.
- Cover your dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the rolls turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes. They should pull apart easily, but you can also cut them with a sharp spatula or knife if necessary.
- Serve alone or with additional marinara for dipping.
You don’t have to use Hawaiian rolls. Really, any roll will do but it makes preparing the dish much easier since each roll is connected. As for your chicken, whatever is your preferred frozen nugget is completely fine, though it is easier if they’re nuggets rather than tenders. The nuggets typically fit each roll perfectly which makes separating and serving your individual sliders much easier!
Be sure to check out the Golden Eagle Pantry for any ingredients you may be able to use for this meal and, as always, get creative and customize this recipe to your tastes!