I don’t know about you, but my favorite part of any hibachi or teppanyaki meal is the fried rice. I almost always order an extra serving and it’s a decision I never regret.
Today’s recipe is simple and only takes ten minutes. While this recipe specifically doesn’t include any meat, you can easily add any pork, beef, chicken, turkey or seafood option that you’d like. You can even add tofu for another vegetarian option.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice (I use Jasmine rice, and day old, cooked rice works best)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Salt + Pepper (optional)
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp butter to a large skillet.
- Beat eggs and add to melted butter, season with salt and pepper. Scramble eggs.
- While eggs are still slightly moist, add day old, cooked rice and mix well.
- Push egg and rice mixture to side and add remaining butter. Add frozen veggies to melted butter and mix.
- Combine egg, rice, and veggies and add soy sauce. Stir until combined. Season with garlic powder to taste and stir until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
As always, get creative and add ingredients you think might work well with this base recipe. Many of these ingredients can be found in the Golden Eagle Pantry so be sure to check it out before making your own egg fried rice!