Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and what’s a Thanksgiving feast without a classic green bean casserole? Prepare the staple dish as is or use one of the tips below if you’re in the mood for change.
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For the cooked green beans: Use 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans, drained, about 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans or 16 to 20 ounces frozen green beans, thawed, for this recipe.
- For Golden Green Bean Casserole: Substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
- For Broccoli Casserole: Substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli florets for the green beans.
- For Cheese Lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with the soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
- To add a festive touch: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
- To add crunch: Add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
- For bacon lovers: Add 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
As always, be sure to check out the Golden Eagle Pantry for any ingredients you’ll need for this recipe and more.