Tuition and Fees

Student Fees

NOTE:  All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration unless otherwise indicated. Fees are subject to change without advance notice by the Board of Trustees of the West Hills Community College District and/or the California State Legislature. 

Resident Enrollment Fees

  • California residents (per unit) $46

Non-resident fees and tuition:

  • Enrollment fees (per unit) $46
  • Tuition (per unit) $258
  • Capital outlay (per unit) $67
    • Total cost per unit for non-resident students’ academic year $371

Fee Waivers

Certain categories of students may be eligible for fee waivers. Please contact Admissions & Records or Financial Aid Office staff for more information on eligibility criteria and applications.

Audit Fee

  • Class audit fee (per unit) $15

Credit by Exam

  • Course enrollment (per unit) $46

Other Fees or Costs

  • Associated Student Body (ASB) Activity Fee (optional) $10 per semester
  • Student Representation Fee $2 per semester (Mandatory)
  • Parking No charge


  • First two No charge
  • More than two $5 each
  • Rush processing $10 each


Books & Supplies

A full-time student can expect to spend $700-800 on textbooks and supplies. Save money by purchasing used textbooks at the college bookstore or save up to 50% through textbook rental. Textbook ISBN numbers are available for purchasing books via online web sites. Open Educational Resource (OER) and eReader books are available at no to very low cost as well.

Materials Fees

Selected courses may require materials that are of lasting value beyond the term of the course. The materials are essential to satisfaction of course objectives, have value to the student outside the classroom, belong to the student, and may be taken home. Students must pay these fees at the time of registration. Materials fees will be refunded if the class is canceled or if the student withdraws according to the refund policy.


Payment may be submitted over the phone or online through myWestHills. Click Web advisor for students, Student Financial Information, Pay on My account. You may also make a payment at the Eagle Help Desk in the Student Union on the West Hills College Lemoore campus


Students are eligible for a full refund for classes that are dropped before the class begins and when a class is canceled by the college.

Refunds must be requested, withdrawal from a course does not automatically trigger a refund of fees. Refunds may be requested through MyWestHills. Click Student Resources, Refund Request complete the form, and submit.

Enrollment fee refunds for semester classes (18 weeks)

  • 100% refund if you withdraw during the first two weeks of instruction
  • No refund if you withdraw after the second week of instruction

Short-term classes

  • 100% refund if you withdraw during the first 10% of the class
  • No refund if you withdraw after 10% of the course

Military Services

West Hills College Lemoore provides assistance to Service Members, Spouses of Service Members, Veterans, and Dependents of Veterans.

Service Members

  • Tuition Assistance


  • My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship

Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Chapter 30- Active Duty Educational Assistance Program, Montgomery GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Chapter 33- Post-9/11 GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 35- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 1606- Selected reserve Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 1607- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
  • Cal Vet Fee Waiver

For more information on these and other services, call:

  • Military Service Members and Spouses (559) 925-3350
  • Veterans and Dependents (559) 925-3215

Special Note: Fees are due at time of registration. Non-payment will result in being withdrawn from all classes.  Students that are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill (chapter 33) and VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) need to contact West Hills College Lemoore VA Certifying Official.

Residence Eligibility

Determining Residency for Tuition Purposes

Each student enrolled or applying for admission to any California community college must provide information and evidence deemed necessary by the district governing board to determine his or her classification. An oath of affirmation may be required in connection with taking testimony necessary to ascertain a student’s classification.

The determination of a student’s residency classification will be made in accordance with the provisions of residence policies as provided by the state of California and the residence determination date for the semester which the student proposes to attend. Due to the complexity of determining residency, West Hills College reserves the right to ask for any additional information needed on a case-by-case basis.

Each person enrolled in or applying for admission to a California Community College is, for the purposes of admission and/or tuition determination, classified as a resident or a non-resident.

  • Resident — A citizen of the United States or a person who holds a status which allows him or her to establish residency in the United States, who has proof of physical presence in the State of California for one year and a day, and who presents evidence of intention to make California his or her permanent home. Dates on any documentary evidence should correspond to dates of physical presence in California.
  • Non-Resident — A person who does not meet the residency requirements of the State of California or who is a citizen of a foreign country and holds only temporary status in the U.S.
  • Minors — The residence of the parent with whom the minor child resides is considered the legal residence of that minor child. The residence of an unmarried minor who has a living parent cannot be changed by his/her own act, by the appointment of a legal guardian, or by relinquishment of a parent’s right of control. A married minor may establish his/her own residence. An unmarried minor may establish California residency by:
    • Has not been an adult resident of California for more than one year and
    • Is either the dependent child of a California resident who has not had residence for more than one year prior to the residence determination date, or has a parent who has both contributed court-ordered support for the student on a continuous basis and has been a California resident for a minimum of one year. The exception continues until the student has been in the state the minimum time necessary to become a resident (one year from time of California entry), as long as continuous attendance is maintained at the college.
  • United States Bureau of Indian Affairs — California Education Code Section 68077 (amended 1993): A student who is a graduate of any school located in California that is operated by the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs shall be entitled to resident classification. This exception shall continue so long as continuous attendance is maintained by the student at an institution.

Residency Exceptions

Details available on the WHC Lemoore Admissions web site (See Resource page for contact information).

  • Military Service Members stationed in California are considered residents for enrollment fee purposes, except those assigned to California for educational purposes.
  • Spouse or dependent of a Military Service Member who is classified as a California resident is also exempt from non-resident tuition.
  • Veteran and/or dependent who reside in California and are attending a California school within 3 years of discharge will receive Resident Tuition Rate.
  • U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and Undocumented students who have attended a California high school for three years and graduated from a California high school may be eligible for a non-resident tuition fee waiver.