Advanced Placement


Advanced Placement (AP) exams are standardized tests administered by the College Board often taken during high school.  Any student who passes a College Board Advanced Placement (AP) examination with a minimum score of three in a subject matter will be awarded credit in a general education area with a subject matter similar to that of the AP examination.

For any AP examination that the District does not offer a course similar in content, the District will award credit in the general education area shown on the California Community College General Education AP List. If there is no general education area that fits the AP examination, the District may award elective credit.

  1. Send your official College Board AP examination transcript to the Registrar at the appropriate college.
    Lemoore College

    Attn: Registrar Office
    555 College Avenue
    Lemoore, CA 93245
    College Code: 5500

    Coalinga College

    Attn: Registrar Office
    300 West Cherry Lane
    Coalinga, CA 93210
    College Code: 4056

  2. When received, the transcript is scanned into the data repository. The District uses the College Board transcript information to enter a WHCCD course-to-course or course-to-credit equivalent in the student information system.
  3. The AP credit with a score of 3 or higher becomes a part of the student record and is printed on the official transcript.



  • Visit the College Board website to request an official score report.

  • There is no cost to evaluate a College Board score report.

  • There is no maximum number of units you may earn for AP exams.  However, you must still meet the residency requirement for graduation.

  • No.  Grades and grade points will not be assigned to college credits granted for AP exams. 
  • Credit awarded for completion of AP exams is used in determining admissions eligibility at California State University per EO1036 and the University of California per UC Policy and IGETC Standards.  However, colleges and universities have the discretion to accept/deny credit, limit the number of units applied toward majors, and set the cut scores for exams.  Contact the institution you intend on transferring to for more information.