College Level Examination Program (CLEP)


The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams are standardized tests administered by the College Board.  Credit may be awarded for completion of CLEP tests with a score in the 50th percentile or above in most subjects.

  1. Send your official College Board score report to the registrar at the appropriate college. Veterans and active duty may submit their Joint Services Transcript that indicates CLEP test scores.
    West Hills College Lemoore

    Attn: Registrar Office
    555 College Avenue
    Lemoore, CA 93245

    West Hills College Coalinga

    Attn: Registrar Office
    300 West Cherry Lane
    Coalinga, CA 93210

  2. The transcript will be evaluated to determine if the minimum acceptable score on the CLEP test was achieved.
  3. Grades and grade points will not be assigned to college credits earned through CLEP tests.

WHCCD CLEP (College Level Examination Program) EQUIVALENCY LIST


  • Visit the College Board website to request an official score report.

  • There is no cost to evaluate a College Board score report. 
  • There is no maximum number of units you may earn for CLEP test. However, you must meet the WHCCD residency requirement for graduation.
  • No.  Grades and grade points will not be assigned to college credits granted for CLEP tests.
  • Credit awarded for completion of CLEP exams is used in determining admissions eligibility at California State University per EO1036.  The University of California does not accept CLEP tests per UC Policy and CLEP exams cannot be used on IGETC per IGETC Standards.  Colleges and universities have the discretion to accept/deny credit, limit the number of units applied toward majors, and set the cut scores for exams.  Contact the institution you intend on transferring to for more information.