Dual enrollment is growing in popularity for the many benefits it provides to those who participate.
Dual enrollment is a great way for high school students to get a head start on their college education as it allows high school students take high school and college courses – concurrently - for credit in both systems. Dual enrollment is growing in popularity for the many benefits it provides to those who participate.
- Taking college courses while still in high school gives students a head start on the college experience.
- Students who take dual enrollment classes are more likely to enroll in college after high school.
- They are also more likely to earn a degree.
- There is usually less time required after high school to earn a degree.
- Students have access to the college library and other college resources.
- Dual enrollment makes college attainable for many low-income, first-generation, and minority students.
- It allows for exploration of various fields of study.
- Many dual enrollment courses are career focused, meaning students may be better equipped to navigate the work force early out of high school.
For more information on Dual Enrollment, contact:
Dual Enrollment Coalinga College
West Hills College Coalinga and WHCC Firebaugh Center by phone at (559) 934-2913, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual Enrollment Lemoore College
West Hills College Lemoore Admissions at (559) 925-3317