The Kinesiology curriculum is designed to provide the opportunity to achieve an associate degree in the student’s area of specialization. While a baccalaureate degree is recommended preparation for those considering professional careers in this field, the completion of this suggested program will demonstrate commitment to the field, and provide comprehensive preparation for upper division work.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of major muscle groups and joint movements as they pertain to common demonstrations of human performance.
- demonstrate the proper technique for performing exercises essential to improving general fitness levels.
- understand the connection between proper nutrition and improved athletic performance.
- understand and demonstrate how healthy mental functioning impacts athletic performance.
- select and implement field tests necessary for fitness assessment.
Associate Degree for Transfer requirements (pursuant to SB 1440):
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis
- Complete IGETC or CSU General Education – Breadth requirements
- Complete total of 60 CSU transferable semester units
- Complete all required courses for the major or area of emphasis with a “C” or better
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
|Required Core Courses|
|KINES-001||Introduction to Kinesiology||3|
|Movement Based Courses: Select three courses from the list below; PE 002, PE 003, PE 006, PE 007, PE 008, PE 011, PE 016, PE 018, PE 021, PE 023, PE 025A||3|
|Select 6 Units from list below|
|MATH-025||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|KINES-048||First Aid and Safety||3|
|PHYS-002||Mechanics & Thermodynamics||4|
|CSU-GE-B or IGETC requirements (allowing double counting)||37-39|
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Entry in to transfer level English and math is required to follow this recommended sequence. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 1
- PE Course
- SEMESTER 2
- PE Course
- COM-001 or 0043
- SEMESTER 3
- CHEM-001A or PHYS-002A4
- SEMESTER 4
- PE Course
- HIST-017A or 017B3