President's Message - Juntos Podemos: Together we can!

DREAMer Admissions Process

Follow these easy steps to get started or learn more about our DREAM Resource Center and SB 68/AB 540 guidelines

Apply To Lemoore College
Lemoore College Lemoore College
Ready to start your higher educational journey?

Complete the Lemoore College application through CCCApply

Be sure to have the following information on-hand:

  • Your address, parent contact numbers, email address, etc.
  • General tax info (i.e. the name of the state where your parents paid taxes last year)
Apply for Resident Tuition
You can afford College!
Let us help you find the right financial aid so you can go to college!

West Hills is committed to assisting students and their families in meeting the cost of a college education. Complete the California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Form below and learn more about paying for College.

Complete Online Orientation
Everything you need to help you succeed!
Get familiar with the college & services available to help you succeed!

Our self-paced online student orientation is the best way to learn about the college and the services and resources available to help you succeed.

Meet With Counselor
Start strong with a personalized educational plan of your journey

Schedule an appointment with a Counselor to get a customized educational plan designed to help set you on a path to success.

Register for Classes
Lets put your Ed Plan to use and enroll in the classes you need for the coming year.

Remember at Lemoore College, you can register for your classes up to a full year in advance.

Are you concerned that you can't go to college because of your immigration status?

If you dream of a better future, you can prepare for it, even without papers, AND you can pay lower in-state tuition instead of out-of-state tuition if you qualify for SB 68/AB 540. This is possible because of a state law known as SB 68/AB 540 or the California Nonresident Tuition Exemption.

Key information
  • AB 540 exempts students (including undocumented students) who meet eligibility requirements from out-of-state tuition fees.

    In 2017, AB 540 was expanded through SB68 to include adult schools and CA Community Colleges (non-credit and credit classes) attendance and other graduation or degree requirements

  • Qualifying for AB 540/SB 68 provides students with the ability to pay resident fees and apply for the state-based financial aid through the CA Dream Act, if eligible. AB 540/SB 68 also allows eligible students to 1) participate in EOP&S and EOP at the CCC, CSU & UC and 2) receive the admissions application fee waiver at the CSU & UC.

  • Undocumented individuals, T and U visa holders, U.S. citizens, and lawfully present immigrants who meet the eligibility criteria can qualify for AB 540 / SB 68. Unfortunately, individuals with international student visas, visitor visas, or other "Non-Immigrant" statuses are not eligible to apply for in-state tuition.

  • To qualify you must have satisfy one component from column A and one component from column B
    Column A Column B
    3 full-time years of attendance or attainment of equivalent credits earned in a California: Fulfill one of the following:
    • High School
      (Must be an established school by the State Board of Education)
    • Graduate from a CA High School
    • Adult School
      (Full-time attendance = minimum of 420 hrs per school year)
      (Must be established by one of the following:
      • County Office of Education
      • Unified School District / High School District
      • The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
    • Obtain a Certificate of completion, GED, HiSet, or TASC in CA
    • Community College:
      • Credit Courses = 12 units/semester or the quarter equivalent and a max of 2 years of Full-time attendance
      • Non-Credit Courses = 420 hours per school year = Full-time
    • Attain an associate degree form a CA Community College
    • Any combination of the above
    • Fulfill minimum transfer requirements for UC or CSU
    3 years of high school coursework and 3 years of total attendance in a California:
    • Elementary school
    • Secondary/middle school
    • Or any combination of these two

    Paying for College

    Additional Resources

    Student Data Protection


  • In order to qualify for in-state tuition under AB 540 or SB 68, you must complete the California non-resident tuition exemption form.

    California non-resident tuition exemption form

    Along with this form you will also need to submit official transcripts or attendance records from any and all the schools listed on your form.

    If you have any questions about the form or if you are eligible for in-state tuition, please reach out to us and we will be more than happy to discuss this with you. You can also use the CA In-State Tuition Tool developed by Immigrants Rising to find out about your particular situation

    View our Student Data Protection Policy

Ready to Apply? Complete admissions steps above

West Hills Spotlight

Stay in-the-know regarding West Hills with updated news and featured events.