What is Financial Aid?

Lemoore College can help you find the right financial aid, from grants and scholarships to loans. Financial aid comes in many forms, but it’s all designed to help with your educational expenses. Apply today to see if you qualify.

Financial Aid Steps to Apply

Apply for Admission
First, apply for admission to Lemoore College. An admissions application must be on file in order for Lemoore College to receive your financial aid application.
Apply to Lemoore College
Complete the FAFSA or CADAA
Second, begin and the complete the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application (CADAA). If it is your first time select "Start Here", if you are a returning user, you can select "Log In." In order to complete your FAFSA you will need your FSA id. In order to complete your CADAA you will need your WebGrants for Students Login Information. Please remember to list Lemoore College on your application so we can receive it.
Visit the FAFSA Web Site
Sign up for Financial Aid Forms
Third, set up your account with Financial Aid Forms (formerly VerifyMyFAFSA). You will use this to complete all your financial aid tasks securely from any device. You will need your Student ID and Social Security Number or Dream Act ID to activate your account.
Access Financial Aid Forms
Financial Aid School Code

The school code for the Lemoore College is 041113

If you have any trouble completing your financial aid application you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID for FAFSA support. You can call the California Student Aid Commission at 1-888-224-7268 for CADAA support.

If you need further assistance you can visit the financial aid office or call 559-925-3310 to receive additional help.


How much does it cost?

An education from Lemoore College is an investment in your future.  It is also very affordable! Learn more about the cost of attendance here.

Financial Aid Disbursement

Lemoore College students who qualify for financial aid grants will receive payments twice per semester.

Financial Aid Video Guides

What is financial aid? How do I start?
How to apply for financial aid (FAFSA)
California Dream Act application process
How to make a Financial Aid virtual appointment


Frequently Asked Questions

You can afford college! Learn more about what options are available to you.
View All FAQs
Placeholder: FAQ list will be shown here
  • Once you've completed admissions and the affidavit in Student Services, you will be eligible to complete an application for the California Community College Promise Grant, formerly known as the Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver. Dream

    This will allow you to register for your classes and its paid for through the state of California

    WHC Lemoore Dream Resource Center

    WHC Coalinga Dream Resource Center

  • First complete a DREAM Act Application. You may need your parents' income information and both student and parent will be required to apply for a PIN to sign electronically. Your High School will need to submit your GPA electronically. Make sure the name you used in High School matches the one you use on the application. The information on the application is not shared with third parties. Deadline is March 2nd.

    Dream Resource Center - Coalinga

    Dream Resource Center - Lemoore

  • Yes, every student who is applying for FAFSA is now required to have an FSA ID. You will need to apply for one so that you have a way of electronically signing your FAFSA application.


  • No, you can select up to ten schools to receive your FAFSA data by listing them on your application. However, do not list both Lemoore and Coalinga school codes on your FAFSA; it will only delay your financial aid.

    Please only select the one you are planning on getting your degree or certificate from.

  • To apply for an FSA ID, please visit https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch  

    Click on "Create an FSA ID" tab. You will be asked to provide your name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and 5 challenge questions and answers. 

    Also, you will need to provide your email address, create a unique username, and create a password. You will use this username, email address, and password to log in to your FSA ID. 

    Save that information in your cell phone or on a card to keep in your wallet for future reference. You will be using your FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA, or other Federal Financial Aid websites.

  • You may receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) stating your application is rejected, or you may be informed by a Financial Aid Technician that your application is rejected. 

    There are a few common reasons why the Federal Processor will reject an application: Missing signatures, inconsistent marital status with income, taxes paid are equal to or higher than adjusted gross income, citizenship questions are blank, marital status and family members blank, etc.

    A rejected application means that you must go back into your FAFSA application and make the necessary corrections needed to process your application. You may make corrections using your Student Aid Report (SAR) or online at https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/review-and-correct/sar-student-aid-report 

  • WHC Lemoore (041113) | WHC Coalinga (001176)

    West Hills Community College District has two distinct colleges, West Hills College Lemoore and West Hills College Coalinga. Below you can find the appropriate federal school code for each college. 

    Note: Do not list both Lemoore and Coalinga school codes on your FAFSA or Dream Act; it will only delay your financial aid. Please only select the one you are planning on getting your degree or certificate from. 

    West Hills College Lemoore School Code: 041113

    West Hills College Coalinga School Code: 001176

  • More than likely yes, we encourage all future and current West Hills students to fill out a FAFSA application. This will allow our team to evaluate your need and provide you with any financial assistance and options available to you. 

    We also offer a number of other options to our student which include:

    • Fee waivers and book vouchers (For Those who Qualify)
    • Grants and Loans
    • Scholarships
    • Work-Study

    Learn More on our Financial Web Site

  • You must first complete a FAFSA application and we must have received your FAFSA information electronically.

    The next step is to obtain a loan application-as well as other missing documents you may have-from the Financial Aid Office. Loans are not automatically renewed each academic year (summer, fall, spring); you must apply every academic year. 

    First time loan borrowers must attend Default Prevention and Loan Entrance Workshops; you may do so by contacting the Financial Aid Office. Only Federal Stafford Direct Loans are available at West Hills College.

  • The first step is to complete your FAFSA and answer "Yes" to the "Interested in Work Study" question. 

    By answering "Yes" to the work-study question, you are not automatically awarded work-study. The next step is for you to check in with the Financial Aid Office and complete a Work Study Application. To be eligible for Work Study, students must be enrolled in at least 6 units and must maintain Satisfactory Academic Process (SAP). There are other requirements that may be determined by the Financial Aid Office. Work Study is awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis.

    For more information on how to complete your FAFSA and apply for Financial Aid please visit our Financial Aid site

  • The amount of Financial Aid you are eligible for depends on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), your year in school, enrollment status, and the cost of attendance at the school you will be attending. 

    Once the Financial Aid Office has reviewed your eligibility, you can go online to the myWestHills Student Portal, click on the "Financial Aid" section under Service Desk, and then click on "Financial Aid Award Letter". This will show you your eligibility for the school year. 

    myWestHills Student Portal

    Financial Aid Award Letter (Direct Link)

    For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office.

  • Yes, eligible non-citizens may also qualify for financial aid. Generally you are an eligible non-citizen if you have one of the following:

    • An Alien Registration Card (I-551)
    • An I-551C
    • An Arrival- Departure Record (I-94) with designations: "Refugee", "Asylum", "Parole", or "Cuban — Haitian Entrant"

    If you are not a citizen or an eligible non-citizen, you are not eligible for federal student aid. However, you may qualify for state or college student aid. For AB 540 students, please visit www.caldreamact.org to apply for financial aid if you complete the application process deadline each year, which is March 2nd. This is a state grant, so if eligible you wouldn't receive any awards until fall of the year. Please contact your Financial Aid Offices for more information.