Industrial Technology programs at West Hills College Lemoore provide a series of industry-approved, technical courses that are sequenced in a student-friendly format and specifically designed to prepare and upskill you for in-demand careers in manufacturing fields.
Lemoore offers three programs in Industrial Technologies to prepare you for the workforce:
- Introduction to Industrial Automation is an 21-unit, two semester Certificate of Achievement designed to give students skills in electrical, programmable logic controllers (PLC), automation, and instrumentation technologies.
- Industrial Mechanic 1 is a 23-unit, two semester Certificate of Achievement designed to train students in power transmission, hydraulics, pneumatics, centrifugal pumps, electrical theory and components for the industrial maintenance mechanic and industrial safety in manufacturing.
- Manufacturing Automation is a 60-unit, four semester Associate Degree with advanced training in PLC, process control, robotics, and computer aided design (CAD). This program leads to Bachelor's Degree options at universities with Industrial Technology program options.
- South Valley Apprenticeship Program allows student to "Earn and Learn" in an on-the-job training setting. Apprentices are hired by partnering employers and paid while they attend coursework at the college. Program fees are waived for apprentices. All of the programs in Industrial Technology are approved and registered apprenticeships by the Department of Labor.
- NonCredit Training Aligned to SACA certification, noncredit courses allow learners to build their skill, without paying for courses, and in a self-paced setting. Learners complete the theory online and then come to the Industrial Technology Lab for skill assessments, when it is convenient for their schedule. This is a great way to upskill a current employee that needs training in specific areas. Coursework includes Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical, Piping, Pumps, as well as general maintenance and safety.
Whether you are looking to upskill your current manufacturing career, interested in a career change, or starting your career in the industrial trades, these programs will prepare you for the high-demand skills needed in the high wage careers in industrial technologies. Gain real-world experience that will prepare you for a high-paying, high-growth career in advanced manufacturing!Apply