Scope of Projects. Bond proceeds will be expended to modernize, replace, renovate, acquire, install, equip, furnish, and otherwise improve educational technology equipment projects and supporting systems and software within the District. Projects which are described below include all related and incidental costs, including their share of the costs of the election and bond issuance and costs of design, engineering, architect and other professional services, inspections, site preparation, utilities, and other planning, legal, accounting and similar costs, independent annual financial and performance audits, a customary contingency, and other costs incidental to and necessary for completion of the listed projects.
Bond proceeds may also be expended to acquire equipment in any classroom or other educational facility within the District. The District may alter the scope and nature of any of the specific projects that are described below as required by conditions that arise over time.
Whenever specific items are included in the following list, they are presented to provide examples and are not intended to limit the generality of the broader description of authorized projects. The order in which particular projects are listed is not intended to indicate priority for funding or completion. Project prioritization is vested in the District’s Board of Trustees.
Specific educational technology projects shall include but not be limited to:
Devices and Technology Systems
- Computers and peripheral hardware
- Smart boards
- Document cameras
- Wireless microphones
- Printers, copiers and scanners
- Data backup systems
- Classroom and district-wide security system hardware
- Educational software
- Student performance assessment software
- Telecommunications software
- Web site development and maintenance
- Vocational education training software
- Disaster recovery hardware and software
- Classroom and district-wide security software
- Document retention software
- Software related to the overall instructional services, business services, and human relation services of the District
- Remote learning software
- Capital technology projects including but not limited to the wiring of data centers, classrooms and school facilities
- Computer and technology wiring, servers, routers, switches and other information devices
- Installation and upgrading of various technology systems
- Costs of providing training related to the use and implementation of technology projects
- Future technology projects as set forth in the District’s technology plan
Projects Subject to Available Funding. The forgoing list of projects is subject to the availability of adequate funding to the District. Approval of the bond measure does not guarantee that the proposed projects in the District that are the subject of bonds under the measure will be funded beyond the local revenues generated by the bond measure. The District’s proposal for the projects may assume the receipt of matching state funds, which could be subject to appropriation by the Legislature or approval of a statewide bond measure.