The Holiday season is here, and you were more than likely tasked to bring some sort of dessert to a holiday party or event, which means you’ve probably spent hours on Pinterest trying to come up with the perfect treat that is tasty, yet inexpensive to make. These cookies are the perfect solution. They’re soft, can be made with basic pantry ingredients that you most likely already have on hand, and can be made with holiday-colored sprinkles to add to the festivities!
- 2 1/8 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Softened, Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated and powdered sugar on medium-low speed for 4 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until just combined. Add flour mixture until just combine. Mix in sprinkles. Don't over mix.
- Place 1.5 tablespoon amounts of cookie dough on lined baking sheets, 2-inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown at the edges, but the center is still soft.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
If you wanted to get really crazy, you could add the tiniest bit of peppermint extract or mint chocolate chips to amp up the holiday flavors!
Be sure to check out the Golden Eagle Pantry for any of these pantry staples!