Lemoore Virtual Resources | Coalinga/Firebaugh NDC Virtual Resources
The Golden Eagle Pantry is open to all currently enrolled West Hills College students. We do not require students to provide proof of needing food.
When visiting the Golden Eagle Pantry, show your West Hills College Student ID card at the front door and let us know how many people you are sharing the food with. We will provide you with a hand basket to fill your selected items and offer you extras that we have available for the day.Before coming to campus and The Golden Eagle Pantry, please be sure to complete the Daily Health Screening available on the West Hills Safe App or the paper screening at the door.
Tuesdays: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesdays: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursdays: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Golden Eagle Pantry is closed during campus holiday closures.
Food Pantry Appointments, please email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (559) 925-3436
The Golden Eagle Pantry is located at 555 College Ave., Building 900 - Student Union, Lemoore, CA 93245
If you are dropping off a donation, please call the Golden Eagle Pantry at (559) 925-3436 and someone can assist you to collect your donation
We are in need of volunteers to assist the pantry. As we are just getting started, additional information will be provided soon!
- October 2013, West Hills College Lemoore, Sociology Faculty Member, Dr. Vera Kennedy and students from the interdisciplinary studies Leadership class created the food security project by establishing the Eagle Pantry Club, to find ways to support our current West Hills College Lemoore student experiencing food insecurity challenges. The clubs constitution was approved on October 4, 2013.
- In the fall of 2014, the Eagle Pantry became a chapter of the Food Recovery Network. Food Recovery Network, Inc. (FRN or FRN National) unites students at colleges and universities to fight food waste and hunger by recovering surplus perishable food that would otherwise go to waste and donating it to people in need.
- May 2014, the club began food distributions on campus with donations from the local community including farmers, food distributors, residents, faculty, staff, and students.
- The Eagle Pantry Club initiated and has maintained a partnership with Panera Bread since 2017 that provides weekly distributions to students.
- In 2017, The Eagle Pantry Club entered into a partnership with the Community Food Bank mobile distributions services led by student volunteers to help unload, sort, and prepare food for community and campus distribution.
- November 2021, Kings Community Action Organization (KCAO) with CalViva Health committed to support and donate start-up equipment and a steady supply of food to supplement the current food pantry efforts from a two-shelf emergency pantry inside a storage closet to a grocery-like setting on-campus at WHCL to provide groceries at no cost to WHCL Students.
- December 2021, the Associated Student Government students requested the renovation of their designated space inside the Student Union to help make the grocery-like setting on campus.
- March 16, 2022, West Hills College Lemoore will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the on-campus Golden Eagle Pantry on March 16, 2022, from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in the campus Student Union (Building 900).
The Golden Eagle Pantry is a result of an entire community coming together. Through collaboration with amazing partners, the generosity of donors, and our staff and volunteers’ dedication, we give thanks to all who share in our commitment to end food insecurity.
Help Support the Golden Eagle Pantry
We are raising money to help support the Golden Eagle Pantry at West Hills College Lemoore. Your donation will help cover expenses to purchase food and supplies for students in need.Give Today!