There’s nothing better than a warm, soft snickerdoodle cookie. Except, perhaps, a warm, soft eggnog snickerdoodle cookie! This spirited combination of two classic holiday staples is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next holiday event.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the eggnog. The dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
- Mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into rounded tablespoons; roll in sugar and nutmeg mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just set and starting to crack.
Be sure to peruse the Golden Eagle Pantry for the ingredients needed in this recipe, and enjoy!