Obtaining a Student ID Card
- In order to check out library materials (books, study rooms, reserve books, etc.), students must have a valid West Hills College student I.D. card.
- Student ID Cards are available at the Eagle Help Desk in the Student Union (Building 900).
Enrolled students, staff, and faculty can check out items according to the following loan periods:
- Books: Three (3) weeks
- Reference materials, academic reserves, and magazines: In library use only.
- Users can check out a maximum of six different items.
- Items may be renewed as long as there are not any current holds placed by other library users.
- Returning items on time is the responsibility of the borrower.
- Laptops and hotspots are checked out for the full-semester and must be returned at the end of each semester.
Fines will be assessed as follows:
- Books: $0.25 per day, per item. Not to exceed $20 per item.
- Reserve items: $1.00 per hour, per item.
- Lost or damaged items: $20 processing fee plus cost of book based on vendor price.
- Overdue items will be assessed a fine.
Course Textbooks on Reserve
- Students may check out course textbooks for two hours for in library use only.
- Not all courses will have textbooks on reserve.
- For a full list of available reserve textbooks, please visit our Reserve Textbooks LibGuide.
Requesting a Hold
- If a book is checked out, a library user can request a hold on the item:
- Through OneSearch (West Hills College library catalog).
- In person at the Library with a Library Team Member.
- Over the phone.
- Through Ask a Librarian.
- When the book is returned, the user will be notified via their West Hills email that the item is available and is being held for them at the Library.
- Holds can also be used to transfer items between different West Hills College campus libraries.
- Students cannot place holds on reserve items.