Take charge of your learning with our Academic Center for Excellence (ACE).
ACE is the best place for students to gain tools and resources for their academic success! Academic support services are available on campus and online.
Accessing academic support at West Hills College Lemoore requires enrollment in NC 100, a no-cost, non-credit course. There are no assignments or expectations for NC 100. The NC 100 Canvas shell provides access to online services as well as current schedules for both online and in-person academic support.
In-person services are available in the Academic Center for Excellence, which is located in the Library and Learning Resource Center (Building 400). Swing by and find out what we’re all about!
If you would like to know more, please contact Lupe Alvarado at (559) 925-3416 or email@example.com.
- There are faculty members available to help students with any reading, writing, or math assignment.
- You also have access to Supplemental Instruction leaders. They are current WHCL students who lead SI Sessions.
- Drop in once or come regularly. It takes just a few minutes to sign up the first time a student comes to ACE. Fill out a ACE NC 100 Form. Print and submit to any staff member in ACE for processing.
- We provide a quiet and focused environment.
- We can assist students in understanding class assignments.
- We can brainstorm with students or put the finishing touches on written work.
- We can help students with reading comprehension.
- We can work towards helping students overcome math phobias.
- We can even give students personal assistance in writing a personal statement for college transfer or scholarship essays.
- We can administer an English prerequisite challenge.
- We have computers, a printer, and scanner to help students get their assignments done in a timely manner.
- Most importantly, we can help you become a successful student by working smarter instead of harder!