Take charge of your learning with our Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
ACE is the best place for students to gain tools and resources for their academic success!
If you would like to know more, please contact Lupe Alvarado at (559) 925-3416 or email@example.com.
- There are faculty members available to help students with any reading, writing, or math assignment.
- You also have access to Supplemental Instruction leaders. They are current WHCL students who lead SI Sessions as well as provide drop-in tutoring.
- Drop in once or come regularly. It takes just a few minutes to sign up the first time a student comes to ACE. Fill out a ACE NC 100 Form. Print and submit to any staff member in ACE South for processing.
- We provide a quiet and focused environment.
- We can assist students in understanding class assignments.
- We can brainstorm with students or put the finishing touches on written work.
- We can help students with reading comprehension.
- We can work towards helping students overcome math phobias.
- We can even give students personal assistance in writing a personal statement for college transfer or scholarship essays.
- We can administer an English prerequisite challenge.
- We have computers, a printer, and scanner to help students get their assignments done in a timely manner.
- Most importantly, we can help you become a successful student by working smarter instead of harder!
Tutorial services are FREE and available to all students enrolled in classes at West Hills College.
The goal of our program is to develop independent learners. Tutors will respect individual differences, while guiding, coaching and encouraging students to reach their full potential.
Subjects tutored include all levels of Math up to 2A, English, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science, Spanish and more. We also provide general help with reading, writing assignments, time management and study skills.
All tutoring is supervised and conducted in the library. Best of all, our tutoring services are completely FREE to all WHCL students! Schedules vary so check with the tutor specialist for availability.
Tutors are scheduled during library hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 8:00pm
Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Tell us how we are doing!
In order to provide excellent service to students, evaluations take place once per semester. Tutor Evaluations are completed
by students, the supervisor and tutors. We encourage you to evaluate our program. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps
us to improve in areas that we may have missed. You can evaluate the program now by completing the student evaluation form.
If at any time you have questions or comments regarding our program, do not hesitate to let us know. If you would like a response in reference to your comment please be sure to provide your contact information.