Know Your Rights: The AB 705 Initiative and What it Means for Students

No More Placement Tests

We are pleased to share that all students have an opportunity to qualify for transfer-level math and English using a “new” placement guide which focuses on using your high school records instead of our old assessment tests. Using this information, we can provide you with a variety of academic and student support services to help you succeed!

Placement Guide


Research shows that a high school grade point average is the strongest predictor of performance in college-level coursework. With the newly enacted Assembly Bill 705, students will receive a placement using high school records instead of our old assessment tests.

To find out where you’ll be placed for math and English, use this form to enter your West Hills program of study and high school GPA.

How is my Placement Calculated?

For students who graduated from a US high school within 10 years, your high school information will be used to place you into a transfer level course. Depending on your high school GPA, you may be required to take a co-requisite support course in addition to transfer level math and English. West Hills will base your math and English placement on your high school GPA (unweighted, through 11th or 12th grade) and your high school math coursework.

  • High School Coursework
  • High School GPA

If you do not know your high school GPA or coursework, please contact Student Services at (559) 934-2312 (Coalinga) for more information.

View Calculation Details
English Placement Calculations Math Placement Calculations
Placement Results (AB 1805)

California Title 5, sec. 55522(i)(4) requires that community colleges publicly post their placement results, disaggregated by race and ethnicity.
View AB 705 Placement Result Disclosures

Math & English Pathways

Opportunity Starts Here

You already know you have the seeds of success within you. West Hills can help you grow them into a rewarding career. Are you ready to take the next step?