West Hills College Lemoore returns unearned military tuition assistance funds on a proportional basis through at least the 60% portion of the term for which they were provided regardless of the reason for withdrawal (service-related or otherwise). Any unearned TA funds will be returned directly to the military service, not to the service member.
West Hills College Lemoore will work with service members that stop attending due to a military service obligation in identifying solutions that will not result in a student debt for the returned portion. Military tuition assistance is awarded based on students completing the entire term it was awarded. When a student withdraws, they may no longer be eligible for the full amount.
Tuition Assistance eligibility will be recalculated for students who officially withdraw from a course prior to completing 60% of the enrollment period. The official last date of attendance is used to determine the number of days completed. Recalculation of eligibility is based on the percentage of TA benefits earned.
The Department of Defense requires that the college return any unearned TA applied to institutional charges. The student will then owe the college the amount that was returned.
Enrollment fee refunds for semester classes (18 weeks)
- 100% refund if you withdraw during the first week of instruction
- 60% refund if you withdraw during the second week of instruction
- No refund if you withdraw after the second week of instruction
Short-term classes (9 weeks)
- 100% refund if you withdraw during the first three day of instruction
- 60% refund if you withdraw during the end of the first week of instruction
- No refund if you withdraw the second week of instruction