Business - Management Option Certificate of Achievement
The Business Management Certificate of Achievement provides an overview of the various disciplines in business such as management, marketing, accounting, and finance. The degree provides a strong foundation for entry into a variety of business fields. The coursework is essential for entry-level positions while enhancing the knowledge base of those who are seeking career progression.
Program student learning outcomes:
- Students will analyze and apply generally accepted accounting principles to prepare financial statements.
- Students will create effective oral and written business communications using modern communication technologies that can be applied in various business settings.
- Students will apply critical thinking and analytical skills in business decision making and problem solving.
- Students will identify the functions of management and apply them in business situations.
For Gainful Employment information please visit:
Career and employment information may be obtained through:
- O*Net, www.onetonline.org
- Labor Market, California Employment Development Department, www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov
|Required Core Courses
|Beginning Principles of Accounting
|or BUS 055
|Introduction to Business
|Total Core Courses
|15 - 16
Choose one of the following options:
|Management Option Requirements
|Human Resources Management
|Small Business Management
|Total Management Option
|Bookkeeping Option Requirements
|Word for Windows I
|Word for Windows II
|Introduction to Spreadsheets
|Total Bookkeeping Option
|Total Business Management Degree Units
|24 - 26