Computer Information Systems (CIS) - Microcomputer Applications Specialist Certificate of Achievement
The Computer Information Systems Program teaches concepts, procedures and terminology, as well as the skills and applications necessary to operate computers.
Program student learning outcomes:
- Students will use industry standard computer software programs for business.
- Students will create reports according to industry standards for business.
- Students will analyze and evaluate the use of computer information systems including the role of ethics and the impact on society as well as contemporary issues.
- Students will identify and distinguish between different types of business and different types of business practices.
- Students will create strategic solutions to solve common business problems.
For Gainful Employment information please visit:
Career and employment information may be obtained through:
- O*Net, www.onetonline.org
- Labor Market, California Employment Development Department, www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov
|Required Core Courses (18 Units)
|Word for Windows I
|Word for Windows II
|Introduction to Business
|Database Creation & Management
|Introduction to Spreadsheets