Out of State Transfer Information

Grand Cayon Campus

Think you can’t afford college? There are many programs available to assist students pay for their education including grants, scholarships, loans, and other special programs such as the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE).

Part of finding the right University to transfer to is figuring out how you will pay for it. While it is important to be realistic, you should never limit your educational goals due to financial reasons, especially if you have not fully taken advantage of the opportunities that are available for you.

Western Undergraduate Exchange

Often times, considering an out of state institution may be out of your radar due to the cost you may encounter for not being a resident of that state. However, what you may not know is that the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) has a student exchange program that can save you a substantial percentage of your income. The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) allows students who are residents of WICHE to be eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state.

Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)

WUE map

How much would I save with WUE?

Resident tuition:$9,484
Nonresident tuition:$23,830
WUE rate (Resident x150%)$14,226
WUE Savings$9604

Important: The rates show are taken from WICHE's Annual Tuition and Fees Report for AY2014-15 and do not include fees. Actual tuition rates may vary. These rates assume 30 credit hours per year. We strongly encourage you to verify these rates with the admissions office where you want to enroll.

California Community Colleges Guaranteed Transfer Agreement with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)

Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) were founded to serve the higher education needs of African-American students, though they are open to all students. They are located mostly in the South and East Coast regions. In March 2015, the California Community Colleges Board of Governors signed the initial agreement with the leaders of nine HBCUs, guaranteeing admission for California community college students who meet certain academic criteria admission.

Minimum Admissions Criteria

Under the agreement, students who apply to the schools and obtain a transfer-level associate degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and complete either the Inter segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (accepted at both the University of California and California State University), or the California State University General Education Breadth pattern, will be guaranteed admission with junior standing. Students are also guaranteed admission by earning an Associate Degree for Transfer or by completing 30 or more CSU or UC transferrable units with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. 


University Application Links


Transfer and Articulation Agreements


Additional Resources