Survivors & Dependents Assistance Program (Chapter 35)

  1. Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990)
  2. Apply to West Hills College - Online
  3. Apply for Financial Aid- Online 
  4. Complete Online Lemoore College Student Orientation- Log into your Lemoore College student account at myWestHills, scroll down on the right side and click Lemoore College student orientation. Click Online Orientation Module. 


About Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)

VA Website 

Dependents' Educational Assistance provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain veterans.  The program offers up to 45 months of educational benefits.  These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training.  If you are a spouse, you may take a correspondence course.  Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.



You must be the son, daughter, or spouse of:

  • A veteran who died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability.  The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
  • A veteran who died from any cause while such permanent and total service-connected disability was in existence.
  • A servicemember missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
  • A servicemember forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
  • A servicemember who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability.  This change is effective December 23, 2006.



You cannot be certified for G.I. Benefits without seeing Rupinder Rai or Janet Young.  Each semester you must provide a 826 form with approved courses to the V.A. counselor/Advisor.  The school or training program official certifies to VA your enrollment in an approved program.