This strategic plan was built by educators, a core group of people whose goal is to make the world better by providing people with increased access to knowledge and learning. Knowledge should be like the air that we breathe - all around us and easy to access. The contents of this document are a strategic and economic model with an altruistic goal in mind.
The 2016-2020 strategic plan is designed to respond to the educational needs of our residents while addressing economic, demographic, and community trends. It's purpose is to provide clear direction to the organization, which each college can use to develop their own operational planning. As part of the strategic planning process, it was critical to identify those issues social, political, and economic that will potentially have effects on our institutions so that the District can better prepare itself to address these challenges and align itself with a changing environment. In addition to our core value the relentless pursuit of student success - five priorities were identified. These priorities will:
- Promote and increase student success, emphasizing educational planning, basic skills and timely completion;
- Strengthen the Districts fiscal position by pursuing resource development and increased efficiency while meeting FTES targets;
- Maximize access to programs and services throughout the region, focusing on all segments of the adult population;
- Through the use of technology, increase access to educational programs and services that contribute to student success and strengthen the economic, social, and cultural life of its diverse community;
- Increase and coordinate Workforce and Economic Development activities that are designed to meet the needs of employers and improve student employment and success in Career Technical Education programs.