Eligibility Requirements

Admission to West Hills College Coalinga requires one of the following:

  • High school graduation.
  • Successful completion of the California High School Equivalency Examination or G.E.D.
  • Attainment of adult status, 18 years of age.
  • Recommendation from the principal of the high school the student is attending and parental permission.
    • Student must be approved for "advanced scholastic or vocational work," and must be identified as a special part-time or full-time student.  Some courses may have restricted access based on age.
    • Students may be admitted as a special part-time or full-time student (dual enrollment) if:
      • the class is open to the general public or the class is offered during the normal school day at the student's high school campus; and
      • the student is currently enrolled in grade 11 or 12 (Junior or Senior year).  Exceptions may be made for some special programs and course work. For additional information regarding exceptions please contact the Registrar at

See Board Policy 5010 & Administrative Procedure 5010**

Eligibility for Dual Enrollment Admission Definitions:

  • Advanced scholastic or vocational work is identified as college-level, degree-applicable course work.
  • A special part-time student is identified as a high school student who is attending high school and community college concurrently, and is enrolled in 11.0 college units or less.
  • A special full-time student is identified as a high school student who has been completely released by his or her high school to attend West Hills College Coalinga fulltime, and is enrolled in 12.0 units or more.

Specially admitted students released from their high school to attend full-time must pay the enrollment fee and all other appropriate fees as assessed. However, full-time special admit students may qualify for a Fee Waiver program.

Administrative Procedure 5011

  • Pursuant to California Education Code Section 76001 (d), specially admitted part-time students may not enroll in more than 11 units per semester.
  • Pursuant to California Education Code Section 76300 (f), specially admitted part-time students may be exempt from payment of the enrollment fees, per special action of the Board. All other appropriate fees shall be assessed.

See Administrative Procedure 5011**  

Admission Procedure

Students who are enrolling at West Hills College Coalinga for the first time must apply for admission, either online or in person.

Online: Visit the West Hills College website:  

In Person: Complete an online application at the Office of Admissions and Records, West Hills Coalinga, 300 Cherry Lane, Coalinga, CA 93210

Telephone/Email: (559) 934-2300 /

International Student Admission

West Hills College Coalinga is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. International students applying for admission and subsequent student visas must meet special admission requirements. The office of International Students serves the needs of prospective degree-seeking international students. The program is here to assist in education planning for a two-year Associate of Arts, or Associate Degree for Transfer. For specific admission requirements and procedures, inquiries should be made to the Director of International Students. (See Resource page for contact information.)

Application deadlines are as follows:  July 15 for fall semester courses and November 15 for spring semester courses.

In addition to the standard application form, the international student must meet the following requirements:

  • Be a graduate of an educational institution comparable to U.S. high schools. or be at least 18 years of age;
  • Submit a letter of financial responsibility from a correspondent sponsor, from the student’s home country or a sponsor in the US. A bank statement must provide evidence that the student will meet all of his/her financial obligations while studying in the U.S.A.;
  • Be able to use the English language with a degree of proficiency that will enable the student to profit from instruction;
  • Give a reasonable guarantee that the student will not become a public charge, either for health or financial reasons; (Proof of health insurance will be required upon registration);
  • Submit a complete academic record of previous secondary and college or university schooling. The academic record(s) must be an English translation;
  • Enroll in a minimum of fifteen (15) semester units at West Hills College Coalinga. The student will be allowed five (5) semesters to complete his/her objectives;

Tuition and Fees

NOTE:  All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration unless otherwise indicated. Fees are subject to change without advance notice by the Board of Trustees of the West Hills Community College District and/or the California State Legislature.

Resident Enrollment Fees

  • California residents (per unit) $46

Non-resident fees and tuition:

  • Enrollment fees (per unit) $46
  • Tuition (per unit) $265
    • Total cost per unit for non-resident students’ academic year $311

International student fees and tuition:

(Refer to International Student Admission section for additional information on fees and expenses.)

  • Enrollment fees (per unit) $46
  • Tuition (per unit) $265
  • Capital outlay (per unit) $67
    • Total cost per unit for international students $311
  • Non-refundable processing fee (per semester) $100

United States health insurance coverage is required (per semester)

  • Fall 2019 Semester: $507.50
  • Spring 2020 Semester: $710.50

Audit Fee

  • Class audit fee (per unit) $15

Credit by Exam

  • Course enrollment (per unit) $46


Residence Hall and Meal Plans

  • Residence hall $1,560 per semester
  • Meal plans $2,343 per semester
  • Housing Fees (cable/internet/computer lab and game room usage) $78.00 per semester

Pricing subject to change, visit for more information.


  • First two No charge
  • More than two $5 each
  • Rush processing $10 each

Books & Supplies

A full-time student can expect to spend $700-800 on textbooks and supplies. Save money by purchasing used textbooks at the college bookstore or save up to 50% through textbook rental. Textbook ISBN numbers are available purchasing books via online web sites.  Open Educational Resource (OER) and eReader books are available at no to very low cost as well.

For additional information please see Board Policy 4042** - Open Educational Resources/Administrative Procedure 4042** - Open Educational Resources  

Materials Fees

Select courses may require materials that are of lasting value beyond the term of the course. The materials are essen-tial to satisfaction of course objectives, have value to the student outside the classroom, belong to the student, and may be taken home. Students must pay these fees at the time of registration. Materials fees will be refunded if the class is cancelled or if the student withdraws according to the refund policy.


Determining Residency for Tuition Purposes

Each student enrolled or applying for admission to any California community college must provide information and evidence deemed necessary by the district governing board to determine his or her classification. An oath of affirmation may be required in connection with taking testimony necessary to ascertain a student’s classification.

The determination of a student’s residency classification will be made in accordance with the provisions of residence policies as provided by the state of California and the residence determination date for the semester which the student proposes to attend. Due to the complexity of determining residency, West Hills College reserves the right to ask for any additional information needed on a case-by-case basis.

Each person enrolled in or applying for admission to a California Community College is, for the purposes of admission and/or tuition determination, classified as a resident or a non-resident.

  • Resident — A citizen of the United States or a person who holds a status which allows him or her to establish residency in the United States, who has proof of physical presence in the State of California for one year and a day, and who presents evidence of intention to make California his or her permanent home. Dates on any documentary evidence should correspond to dates of physical presence in California.
  • Non-Resident — A person who does not meet the residency requirements of the State of California or who is a citizen of a foreign country and holds only temporary status in the U.S.
  • Minors — The residence of the parent with whom the minor child resides is considered the legal residence of that minor child. The residence of an unmarried minor who has a living parent cannot be changed by his/her own act, by the appointment of a legal guardian, or by relinquishment of a parent’s right of control. A married minor may establish his/her own residence. An unmarried minor may establish California residency by:
    • Has not been an adult resident of California for more than one year and
    • Is either the dependent child of a California resident who has not had residence for more than one year prior to the residence determination date, or has a parent who has both contributed court-ordered support for the student on a continuous basis and has been a California resident for a minimum of one year. The exception continues until the student has been in the state the minimum time necessary to become a resident (one year from time of California entry), as long as continuous attendance is maintained at the college.
  • United States Bureau of Indian Affairs — California Education Code Section 68077 (amended 1993): A student who is a graduate of any school located in California that is operated by the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs shall be entitled to resident classification. This exception shall continue so long as continuous attendance is maintained by the student at an institution.

Residency Exceptions

  • Military Service Members stationed in California are considered residents for enrollment fee purposes, except those assigned to California for educational purposes.
  • Spouse or dependent of a Military Service Member who is classified as a California resident is also exempt from non-resident tuition.
  • Veteran and/or dependent who reside in California and are attending a California school within 3 years of discharge will receive Resident Tuition Rate.
  • S. citizens, permanent residents, and Undocumented students who have attended a California high school for three years and graduated from a California high school may be eligible for a non-resident tuition fee waiver.



Payment may be submitted online through myWestHills. Click Student Financial Information, Make a Payment. You may also make a payment at student services.


Students are eligible for a full refund for classes that are dropped before the class begins and when a class is canceled by the college.

Refunds must be requested, withdrawal from a course does not automatically trigger a refund of fees. Refunds may be requested through myWestHills. Click Student Resources, Request Refund, complete the form and submit.

Enrollment fee refunds for semester classes (18 weeks)

100% refund if you withdraw during the first two weeks of instruction

No refund if you withdraw after the second week of instruction

Short-term classes

100% refund if you withdraw during the first 10% of the class

No refund if you withdraw after 10% of the course

Tuition and Fees - International Students

  • Tuition: International students are required to pay non-resident tuition fees during their entire attendance even though they may have lived in the State of California for one year or more.
  • Payment of Fees:  Payment for all fees, including tuition and on campus room and board (Residence Hall Fees) is due upon registration, including a non-refundable application fee of $50 US Dollars, which is required to process an application.
  • Housing:  International Students admitted to West Hills College Coalinga maybe guaranteed a place in the residence halls, upon availability. Students living on campus will have access to three meals Monday – Friday and two meals on both Saturday and Sunday.
  • Registration and Payment:  New students will register for classes on the third day of International Student Orientation program. Payment for all fees, including tuition, on campus room and board (Residence Hall Fees) are due upon registration. You may use a Visa/ MasterCard credit card, a personal check (from a U.S. bank), a Money Order, Wire Transfer or traveler’s checks (in U.S. dollars).

The chart below may vary according to what accommodations the student elects, costs of books and the amount each student requires for living expenses. Tuition and fees are subject to change:

2019-2020 Fees and Related Expenses - International Students

International Students Expenses:  24 units annually, 12 units per semester*

  • Cost of Tuition/Fees *$7,664
  • Housing and Food Plan $7,977
  • Insurance, Books, Misc $3,480
    • TOTAL $19,121

*Per unit charge includes enrollment fees, and tuition

International fees and tuition:

  • Enrollment fees (per unit) $46
  • Tuition (per unit) $265
    • Total cost per unit for international students $311
  • Non-refundable processing fee (per semester) $100

United States health insurance coverage is required (per semester)

  • Fall 2019 Semester 8/1/19-12/31/19: $507.50
  • Spring/Summer 2020 Semester 1/1/20-7/31/20: $710.50
  • Annual 8/1/2019-07/31/2020: $1218


From the time you apply to the time you graduate, college staff is here to help you with any questions you may have. The International Students Program and the Office of Student Services are committed to your success here at WHC Coalinga!  (See Resource page for contact information.)

International Student Services include:

  • Counseling and advising services specific to your degree program
  • Airport pick-up free to all international students in our program
  • Field trips to San Francisco, Yosemite, and local cultural events
  • Learning Center and Free Tutoring available
  • Athletics
  • Transfer Center
  • Conversational English program with local community members for an application and information packet or email or phone (559) 934-2432.

West Hills College Coalinga provides assistance to Service Members, Spouses of Service Members, Veterans, and Dependents of Veterans. Additional financial options include:

Service Members

  • Tuition Assistance 

Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Chapter 30- Active Duty Educational Assistance Program, Montgomery GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Chapter 33- Post-9/11 GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 35- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 1606- Selected reserve Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 1607- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
  • Cal Vet Fee Waiver 

Special Note: Fees are due at time of registration. Non-payment will result in being withdrawn from all classes.  Students that are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill ® (chapter 33) and VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) need to contact West Hills College Coalinga VA Certifying Official

Documents Required (Transcripts)

Students must present transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Records as soon as possible after they apply to West Hills College Coalinga. Electronic official versions of the transcripts may be sent to  Students will then be asked to complete and submit a request for an evaluation.

Students should begin the transcript verification process well before registration begins. Delays in processing transcript evaluations will affect a student's ability to enroll in target courses. Specific information regarding procedures, timelines, and transcript evaluation notification is available by visiting the Office of Admissions and Records, emailing or calling (559) 934-2300.

Student Correspondence

All West Hills College Coalinga students are provided with an email account which will be the official mode of correspondence. This email account is assigned once a student applies and activates their MyWestHills username and password. It is important that you to check your email often, as information we send will often be time-sensitive and important to your academic success. For assistance, direct your email questions to the Helpdesk at  or by calling (559) 934-2239.

Academic Credit Accepted

West Hills College accepts credit for degree-applicable courses completed at regionally-accredited colleges and universities. Once official transcripts are received, an evaluation is completed to determine which of those degree-applicable courses with grades of D or higher may be accepted for use toward an educational goal at West Hills. Exceptions may be made for certain populations of students (ex: athletes, veterans and military benefit seekers, nursing students) where licensing or other mandates are in place requiring use of all coursework completed. Grade points are excluded from all transfer work accepted by West Hills.

In accepting transfer credits to fulfill degree requirements, West Hills certifies that the expected learning outcomes for transferred courses are comparable to the learning outcomes of its own courses.

Servicemember’s Opportunity College

West Hills College Coalinga is a Servicemember’s Opportunity College and actively supports the philosophy and concepts of this designation as established by the American Association of Community Colleges.

Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) was created in 1972 to provide educational opportunities to servicemembers who, because they frequently moved from place to place, had trouble completing college degrees. SOC functions in cooperation with 15 higher education associations, the Department of Defense, and Active and Reserve Components of the Military Services to expand and improve voluntary postsecondary education opportunities for servicemembers worldwide.


Orientation is required for all new students and provides you with the tools and skills to navigate your first semester at West Hills College Coalinga. Orientation can be completed online through the myWestHills student portal . Students are exempt from orientation if they have attended and/or participated in orientation at another college.

English and Math Placement

Research shows that a high school grade point average is the strongest predictor of performance in college-level coursework. Students will receive a placement using high school records instead of our traditional assessment tests. Use the following link to find out where you place for math and English:

For students who graduated from a US high school within 10 years, your high school information will be used to place you into a transfer level course. Depending on your high school GPA, you may be required to take a co-requisite support course in addition to transfer level math and English. West Hills will base your math and English placement on your high school GPA (unweighted, through 11th or 12th grade) and your high school math coursework.

If you do not know your high school GPA or coursework, please contact Student Services at (559) 934-2300 (Coalinga) or (559) 934-2977 (North District Center) for more information.


All students should consult with their assigned counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan. Counselors are committed to assisting students to make thoughtful, independent decisions in their vocational and educational goals. Whether you wish to take one course, earn a certificate or an associate degree, and/or transfer to a four-year college or university, counselors are available to help identify and plan your academic and career goals.    

West Hills College Coalinga counseling services include the following:

  • Academic counseling, in which the student is assisted in assessing, planning and implementing immediate and long-range academic goals.
  • Career counseling, in which the student is assisted in assessing his/her aptitudes, abilities, and interests; the student is advised concerning the current and future employment outlook, and how to best prepare for an occupation.
  • Personal counseling, when personal, family, or other social concerns impact the student’s ability to be successful academically.

All students should consult a counselor to develop or update their Student Educational Plan when they:

  • Plan to pursue a certificate, associate degree or transfer program; or
  • Need to change or correct their major and/or educational goal


Registration and Course Schedule

In conformity with the provisions of Title 5 of the California Administrative Code, West Hills College Coalinga affirms a policy of open enrollment. Unless specifically exempted by statute, every course, course section, or class, wherever offered and maintained by the District, for which average daily attendance is reported for state aid, is fully open to enrollment and participation by any person admitted to the college who meets the stated course prerequisites.

Course schedules are available online at Class registration is completed by the student through their myWestHills portal.

Enrollment Priorities

West Hills College Coalinga will provide priority registration to students who enroll for the purpose of degree or certificate attainment, transfer to a four-year college or university, or career advancement. Students shall be required to meet all criteria for registration priority before a deadline approximately one month before the registration period opens. These registration priorities also apply to courses offered during the summer session.

Students will have the following registration priority, in the order listed below:

  • Students who are eligible as a member of the armed forces or a veteran, foster youth or former foster youth, eligible and receiving services through CalWORKs, Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS) or Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS), Central Valley Promise (CVP) Recipients
  • Members of the West Hills College President’s Scholars Program
  • Student Support Services (SSS, TRIO, Upward Bound) students; continuing students with at least 45 completed or in progress units; and potential graduating high school seniors
  • Continuing students with between 30 and 44.9 completed or in progress units
  • Continuing students with between 15 and 29.9 completed or in progress units
  • Continuing students with less than 14.9 completed or in progress units, all other eligible first-time students

For the purposes of priority registration, first time students shall be defined as students with no district courses recorded on their academic record, and who have not previously been awarded priority registration.

Potential graduating seniors and first-time students shall be required to have completed orientation, assessment, and an education plan.

Continuing students are students who are currently enrolled during the semester when the registration period occurs. All continuing students are required to have a completed student education plan on file to receive early registration.

Registration priority can be lost at the first registration opportunity after a student:

  • Is placed on academic or progress probation or any combination thereof as defined in these Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 4250** for two consecutive terms; or
  • Has earned or is in progress in seventy (70) or more degree-applicable semester equivalent units at the district.
  • For purposes of this section a unit is earned when a student receives a grade of A, B, C, D or P as defined in Board Policy and Administrative Procedure 4230**. This 70-unit limit does not include units for non-degree applicable English as a Second Language or basic skills courses as defined by the college Executive Vice President or or designee. However, these units will be used for the purposes of placing students into a priority group. Students enrolled in high unit majors or programs as designated by the college Dean of Student Services, or designee.

Units earned through transfer, credit by examination, advanced placement, International Baccalaureate, or other similar programs shall not count in unit values for priority registration purposes.

The District shall notify students who are placed on academic or progress probation, of the potential for loss of enrollment priority. The district shall notify the student that a second consecutive term on academic or progress probation will result in the loss of priority registration as long as the student remains on probation. The District shall notify students or who have earned 75% or more of the unit limit, that enrollment priority will be lost when the student reaches the unit limit.

Appeal of Loss of Enrollment Priority

Students may appeal to have their Registration Priority reinstated under the following conditions:

  • Student has a disability and applied for reasonable accommodations, but did not receive services in a timely manner.
  • Student has made significant academic improvement where they meet the minimum grade point average and/or progress standard to be removed from academic or progress probation.
  • Student has experienced extenuating circumstances (verified cases of accident, illnesses or other circumstances beyond the student's control; changes in a student's economic circumstances may be considered for California College Promise Grant (CCPG) eligibility).
  • Student has completed 100 associate degree units however, is pursuing a high unit major. Appeals for Loss of Registration Priority may be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records. Questions can be directed by calling (559) 934-2300 or by emailing:

Adding Classes and Late Registration

When seats are available, students may add a course section in the second week of a semester class with the instructor’s approval.

Auditing Courses

Education Code section 76370 authorizes districts to charge students who audit courses a fee not to exceed $15 per unit per semester. Students auditing courses are prohibited from changing their enrollment to credit status, and the attendance of auditors is not included for purposes of state apportionment. Please note that students enrolled for credit in ten or more semester units may audit an additional three or fewer units without paying this fee. There is no authority for districts that establish this fee to allow any other type of waiver.

Adding or Dropping a Class

Students may change their schedule during the first week using myWestHills without instructor permission as long as prerequisites have been met for the desired course. Administrative Procedure 5075** Students may change their schedule during the first week using myWestHills without instructor permission as long as prerequisites have been met for the desired course.

  • Important note or Full Term (18 week courses) ­— A course may be dropped during the first three weeks of instruction without a notation appearing on the academic record. A grade of W will be assigned from the fourth week through the end of the 13th week. If the student remains enrolled in a class through the beginning of the 14th week, a letter grade other than W will be assigned. It is the student’s responsibility to drop a class in which he/she no longer wishes to be enrolled.


Class Cancellations

Courses listed in the schedule may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, fees will automatically be refunded and credited to the students’ account. Every effort will be made to schedule students into other classes. Early registration and attendance at first class meetings will help prevent scheduled classes from being cancelled.

Student Financial Aid

West Hills College Coalinga recognizes that many students need financial assistance in order to continue their education. Every effort is made to help as many students as possible through the various financial aid programs administered by the college.

The financial aid programs are limited with a major portion of the funding provided by federal and state governments. Priority application deadlines are established each year, and students are encouraged to apply in advance of these deadlines to ensure fund availability by the start of the semester. However, federal aid programs accept applications throughout the academic year. Any student who can demonstrate a degree of need qualifies for financial assistance and can, therefore, expect help depending upon the availability of funds.

Start here by filing your free application for federal student aid or for AB40 students. See Board Policy/Administrative Procedure 5130**

You can reach the financial aid office at (559) 934-2310 or

Student Financial Aid Refunds/Repayments

When a student withdraws, drops out, or is expelled on or after the first day of class of a payment period, the institution will determine whether the student received an overpayment of financial aid funds for non-institutional expenses. The overpayment is the difference between the amount of financial aid received as cash disbursements and the amount incurred for non-institutional costs during the portion of the payment period that the student was actually enrolled. Federal Workstudy and Federal Student Loans are not included in the calculation for overpayment.

The calculated refund will be credited to the Title IV programs in the following order:

  • Outstanding balances of any FFELP, or Federal Direct Student Loans;
  • Federal Pell Grant Program;
  • Federal SEOG
  • State Grants

A student who owes a repayment is ineligible for further Federal Title IV assistance until the repayment is made. This information will be reported to the national student aid database and will be reflected on future student aid reports until paid.

The institution takes the following steps to contact students and request overpayments:

  • A hold is placed, preventing registration and release of student records.
  • A written request for repayment is mailed to the student.
  • The overpayment is submitted for state tax offset.
  • The overpayment may be referred to the Department of Education for collection.


Federal Programs

  • Pell Grants — Federal Pell Grants are financial awards to help undergraduates pay for their college education. For many students, these grants provide a foundation of financial aid to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources may be added. Unlike loans, grants do not have to be repaid. Fill out the application at The maximum Pell Grant for 2019/20 is $6,195 based on full-time enrollment (12 units).
  • FSEOG — The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) program is available to qualified undergraduate students with the greatest financial need and does not have to be repaid. Priority is given to Pell Grant recipients. All undergraduate students who apply for financial aid are automatically considered for FSEOG. The maximum FSEOG for 2019/20 is $400 based on at least half-time enrollment (6 units).
  • Work-Study — The Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP) provides jobs for eligible students with an opportunity to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The hourly pay is at least the current minimum wage. The total FWSP award depends on the student’s need, the amount of money the college has for the program, and the amount of aid awarded from other programs. West Hills College Coalinga students may work up to 19 hours per week with a schedule that does not conflict with their courses.
  • Direct Loans — Federal Direct Loans are low interest rate loans are made by the Department of Education. A student may borrow up to the annual limit determined by class standing each school year. Repayment begins six months after the borrower ceases to be enrolled at least 6 units.
  • PLUS Loans — PLUS Loans for Parents are loans for parents of dependent students, they may apply for a Direct PLUS Loan to help pay their child’s education expenses as long as certain eligibility requirements are met. Contact the financial aid office at (559) 934-2310

State Programs

  • PROMISE GRANT — California College Promise Grant (CCPG) waives the enrollment fee required by the State of California. Students must be a resident of California or determined to be AB540 by the Registrar’s Office, and either be eligible through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the CCPG Application by meeting the specified Income criteria, or being a current recipient or dependent of TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP or General Assistance, or have a dependent’s fee waiver from the Veteran’s Affairs Department, or Congressional Medal of Honor or 9-11 dependent, or dependent of a deceased law enforcement /fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty. The CCPG covers an academic year beginning with summer term and eligibility continues for the fall and spring terms as long as academic progress is maintained. CCPG Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.

Maintaining California College Promise Grant (CCPG) Fee Waiver Eligibility:

Students who qualify for CCPG Fee Waiver must maintain academic and progress standards in order to continue to receive the fee waiver and priority registration. Successful academic standing is a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Students whose GPA falls below 2.0 for two consecutive primary terms (fall and spring), may lose their fee waiver. In addition, if the cumulative number of units completed is less than 50 percent in two consecutive terms (fall and spring), students may also lose the fee waiver. Students will be notified within 30 days of the end of each term of their status and that a second term of probation will result in a loss of the CCPG eligibility at the next registration opportunity.

If a student loses CCPG eligibility, they can regain eligibility by:

  • Improving GPA or course completion Successful appeal under extenuating circumstances Successful appeal based on significant academic improvement Non-attendance for two consecutive primary terms (Fall/Spring semesters, or Spring/Fall)

The appeals processed for extenuating circumstances includes:

  • Verified accidents, illness or other circumstances beyond your control
  • Changes in economic situation
  • Evidence of inability to obtain essential support services
  • Special consideration factors for CalWORKs, EOPS, DSPS and student veterans
  • Disability accommodations not received in a timely manner

For more on the appeal process, or to obtain an appeal form, please contact the Student Services Office at (559) 934-2300.

  • Cal Grant B Program — Cal Grants B awards are available through the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) to students who file a FAFSA or Dream application by March 2nd for the Entitlement award. An additional deadline of September 2nd for continuing community college students wanting to be considered for the competitive awards. The Cal Grant program consists of Entitlement and Competitive awards. Entitlement awards are guaranteed to students who have graduated high school in 2015-2016 or later and meet eligibility requirements. Competitive awards are offered on a competitive basis to those students who did not receive entitlements and are not guaranteed. Student need to register for at least 15 units per semester or 30 units per year and follow Ed Plan to ensure graduation within 2 years from WHCCD and stay on track to graduate within 4 years once requirements met and transferred. Note: Cal Grant awards are limited to 4 academic years, except student five year undergraduate programs or a teacher prep program. The maximum grant is $1672.00 based on full-time enrollment per academic year.  Further information is available at or you may contact the financial aid office (559) 934-2310.
  • Cal Grant C Program — Cal Grant C awards are available for students enrolled in an occupational or vocational course of study, grants are based on the student’s need and cover the cost of fees, books, supplies, tools, and special clothing. The maximum grant is $1094.00 based on full-time enrollment per academic year.
  • Full-Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG) — Full-Time Student Success Grants are available to Cal Grant B or C recipients who are enrolled full-time for the Fall and/or Spring terms that pays up to an additional $1000.00 annually
  • California Community College Completion Grant(SSCG) maybe available for Calgrant B & C recipients who are enrolled in at least 12 units may receive up to $1298/annually and those that enroll in at least 15 units may be eligible a grant up to $4000/annually. Student must meet and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress and follow their edplan to remain eligible. For additional information and requirements please contact the Financial Aid Office (559) 934-2310.
  • Chafee GrantChafee Grant — Youth who are or were in foster care may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for college. To qualify, students must attend college at least half-time and their course of study must be at least one year long. To apply, students must submit both the FAFSA or Dream Act Application and the California Chafee Grant Application, which is available online at


A number of scholarships are available for West Hills College Coalinga students including those attending both full and part time. Additional scholarship information, applications, deadlines, and details are available online at


**See Administrative Procedures and Board Policies at