Heavy Equipment Operation - Certificate of Achievement
West Hills College Coalinga Heavy Equipment Operation Certificate Program is a one semester Certificate of Achievement program. Intrinsic learning is accomplished through a hands on approach to introduce students to a wide range of skills necessary for equipment operation. Laboratory work is designed to simulate field experiences. Heavy equipment operation requires good hand-eye coordination and demands attention to details like timelines, precision operation, coordination of multiple tasks, and following plan directions. Development of problem solving skills and safe work habits will be instilled in the student.
Heavy Equipment Operation program prepares students for careers in the operation of crawlers, tractors, scrapers, backhoes, excavator, loaders, motor graders, trucks, laser controlled equipment, and technical support programs. The curriculum is designed to align with the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certification. Completion of the certificate qualifies students to enter the professional job market.
Program student learning outcomes:
- Students will perform work in accordance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) regulations.
- Students will perform OSHA required equipment safety checks.
- Students will identify parts and safety components of various types of heavy equipment.
- Students will safely operate various types of heavy equipment.
- Students will verify a construction site is finished grade.
For Gainful Employment information please visit:
Career and employment information may be obtained through:
- O*Net, www.onetonline.org
- Labor Market, California Employment Development Department, www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov
|Required Core Courses (18 Units)
|Level I Heavy Equipment Operation
|Level II Heavy Equipment Operations
|Level III Heavy Equipment Operations