Business Bookkeeping AS or AA Degree
The Business Program prepares the student for entry level positions in areas such as bookkeeping, management, and retailing. The business program provides a foundation for further study and is valuable for students interested in starting or enhancing their own business. The program provides students with an understanding of the operation of business in the American economic system. An associate degree or a certificate of achievement may be earned in each of the areas of emphasis listed below.
Business - Associate Degrees
Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree:
- Complete the General Education pattern for the associate degree
- Complete the required units chosen exclusively from the major list below
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 degree applicable units
- Earn a grade of C or better in each course in the major
- Maintain a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.00
- Complete the English and math proficiency requirements with a C grade or better
Students planning to transfer to a four-year university are cautioned that this degree may not meet all of the lower division requirements for transfer into a particular major. Students should consult with a counselor for specific information and develop an educational plan to ensure that this degree would be the most beneficial prior to transferring to the university of their choice. Students can also access transfer information on www.assist.org
Program student learning outcomes
- Students will understand business concepts related to accounting, management, and human resource management.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate business information orally and in writing.
|Required Core Courses
|Word for Windows I
|Word for Windows II
|Introduction to Business
|Introduction to Spreadsheets
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Business Bookkeeping AS Pathway.
Business Bookkeeping Certificate of Achievement
Completion of the 24 units listed above fulfills the requirements for Business Bookkeeping Certificate of Achievement.
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Business Bookkeeping Certificate Pathway.
For Gainful Employment information please visit: