CIS - Microcomputer Applications Specialist AA or AS Degree
The Computer Information Systems Program teaches concepts, procedures and terminology, as well as the skills and applications necessary to operate computers.
Upon completion of the computer information systems program, students will be able to:
- Filter records in an access table.
- Change a Theme or Quick Style and apply it in a document.
- Compose business correspondence using correct format responding to a case study
Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree:
- Complete the Associate Degree requirements
- Complete major course requirements as specified in the catalog with a C or better
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 degree applicable units
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.00 overall
- Complete the English and math competency requirements with a C or better
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS 013A||Word for Windows I||1.5|
|BUS 013B||Word for Windows II||1.5|
|BUS 020||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 024||Business Mathematics||3|
|CIS 007||Computer Concepts||3|
|CIS 019B||Database Creation & Management||3|
|CIS 034||Introduction to Spreadsheets||3|
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Computer Information Systems AS Pathway.
CIS - Microcomputer Applications Specialist Certificate of Achievement
Completion of the 18 units listed above fulfills the requirements for a CIS Certificate of Achievement.
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Computer Information Systems Certificate Pathway.
For Gainful Employment information please visit: