Life Skills - Local Certificate
The Life Skills Certificate is intended primarily for students with intellectual disabilities. The goal for this program is to increase the independence, self-determination, and quality of life for students with intellectual disabilities.
The Life Skills Certificate offers general background in transition to college, life skills and personal growth, basic computer skills, adaptive English and math, study skills, financial literacy, time management skills, etc.
In order to complete the Life Skills Certificate, students must complete the minimum 10 required units. Upon completion of this program, students will earn a local certificate of completion.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Enrich the collegiate experience for persons with learning or developmental disabilities
- Create interactive and inclusive environments
- Provide learning activities that will transfer to life-long independent living skills
- Implement independent living skills for employment readiness
- Implement self-determination skills and knowledge of individual's strengths
- Bestow empowerment through education
- Increase opportunities for participation in the community
|Required Core Courses
|Transition to College for Students With Disabilities
|Guidance Studies Math
|Guidance Studies Reading and Writing
|Adapted Computer Literacy
|Independent Living Skills
|Guidance Studies Content Area Support