Studio Arts AA-T Degree
The Associate in Art in Studio Arts for Transfer Degree is designed to provide students a seamless transfer to the California State University system. The degree is designed to prepare students for a baccalaureate degree in Studio Arts or similar major.
The Art program is dedicated to providing the highest quality of lower division art courses for students who are majoring in art as well as all students who want to explore visual artistic expression through the creation of art and the study of art history. The Art program offers a complete selection of lower division courses in the Fine Arts. Students planning to continue their studies at a four-year college typically include courses in Art History, Design, Drawing and other studio art courses. This provides students with a richer understanding of their world and themselves. Students in the art program work with experienced instructors who assist them in the development of a sound artistic foundation.
Upon completion of the studio arts program, students will be able to:
- Create a visually balanced artwork using the art elements and design principles
- Produce sustained and developed artworks for inclusion in an artistic portfolio
- Create artworks demonstrating proficiency with basic color theory and color mixing
- Write a personal and individual critique and artist statement describing her/his series of artworks
- Understand visual art concepts and terminology relating to art history and art disciplines, media, materials, and techniques
- Analyze, critique, and respond orally and in writing to a variety of artistic movements throughout European and Non-European history.
This program is intended for students planning to transfer to a California State University. Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree and transfer to a CSU.
- Complete CSU GE Breadth or IGETC pattern
- Complete the major course requirements as specified in the catalog with a C or better
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 transferable units
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 overall
- Complete the English, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Math requirements with a C or better
- A maximum of 6 units may be double counted
|Required Core Courses|
|ART 002||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 003||Three-Dimensional Design Fundamentals||3|
|ART 005A||Basic Drawing||3|
|ART 005B||Intermediate Drawing||3|
|ART 013A||Beginning Ceramics||3|
|ART 015A||Beginning Painting||3|
|ART 016A||Survey of Western Art: Pre-History To Proto-Renaissance||3|
|ART 016B||Survey of Western Art: Renaissance To the Present||3|
|Units to be double-counted as General Education||6|
|CSU GE Breadth or IGETC Units||39|
|Transferable Elective Units||3|