Mathematics AS-T Degree
The Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer degree provides students preparation for careers in quantitative professions such as actuarial science, education, computer programming, systems analysis, and operations research analysis.
Upon completion of the math program, students will be able to:
- Take the derivative of various functions.
- Integrate various functions.
- Solve application problems using calculus.
- Graph functions on the coordinate plane.
- Use arithmetic, algebraic, analytic, or statistical methods to solve equations.
- Simplify mathematical expressions.
- Use mathematical models and/or concepts to solve real-world applications.
This program is intended for students planning to transfer to a California State University. Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree and transfer to a CSU.
- Complete CSU GE Breadth or IGETC pattern
- Complete the major course requirements as specified in the catalog with a C or better
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 transferable units
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 overall
- Complete the English, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Math requirements with a C or better
|Required Core Courses|
|MATH 001A||Introduction to Calculus||5|
|*MATH-001B||Calculus with Applications||5|
|MATH 025||Introduction to Statistics||4|
*This course is offered infrequently.